Friday, October 23, 2009

mountain hike



I stand transfixed. The steady beat of the rain hypnotizes me. I study my breath as it escapes into the cold night air. Out here I am more than matter. I am an idea. I am a story. Out here I can leave reality and enter a dimension where things make sense. I can look at my life and understand the seasons of joy and trial that brought me to where I am. I can see my potential. I can see the choices placed before me. I become part of the chilled mountain air and nature around me. This is my escape and I will remain here in this timeless dimension of harmony until I feel ready to return home. Eventually, my love is renewed. My resolve is strengthened. And the purpose of my life becomes clear. One day, in life or death, I will unite reality with vision. My goals will be reached. I will be more than an idea; I will be more than a memory. I will be a legend.

1 comment:

  1. you're already a legend in my eyes! No one was ever better at capture the flag then you!

    ReplyDelete